Privacy and Cookies
What are cookies?
However, this functionality will not work properly without cookies. Enabling cookies ensures a smooth, efficient visit to our website.
The cookies used by FOWA does not contain any of your personal information (name, address, email address, payment details) and we can't use them to find out who you are. A few examples of where we use them include: proceeding through membership and donation transactions, fill out our survey (members only) and allowing you to share content with friends on social media networks.
Here's a list of the cookies we use, and what we use them for:
- PHPSESSID cookie – this cookie is for functional purposes, which include processing membership and donation transactions as well as our survey. This cookie will expire at the end of each browsing session.
- Cookies – This particular cookie simply checks to see if a user can accept cookies.
- style_cookie – functional styling cookie when visiting the FOWA forum.
- phpbb3_sy3iz_u, phpbb3_sy3iz_k, phpbb3_sy3iz_sid – used for identifying whether a user has a valid session to use the FOWA forum.
- utma, utmb, utmc, utmx, utmz cookies – these cookies enable the function of Google Analytics, software that we use to help analyse anonymous visitor information such as pages visited, time spent on site, browser usage etc. The data can only be viewed by relevant staff at Friends of Westonbirt.
- Social media buttons – Social media buttons, such as Twitter and Facebook, on our news pages use a cookie associated with your account to identify whether you have "Tweeted" or "Liked" a particular page and/or to display preferences.
Managing your cookies
Please note that you can manage, control or delete cookies in your browser. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Further details can found here www.aboutcookies.org.