Eco-friendly membership cards
We're launching environmentally friendly membership cards for our members!
We've been working hard with our supplier to ensure we reduce our carbon footprint whilst ensuring we minimise the costs of running the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum membership scheme. As a result, we're delighted to let you know that your next membership card will be biodegradable.
What does this mean?
- Your card is plastic-free
- Your card is sourced from renewable raw materials
- The biofilm on your card is completely compostable, converting into organic matter without leaving harmful residue
- Sustainable printing processes and materials are used in our renewal process to ensure an environmentally friendly printing process.
How do I dispose of my biodegradable membership card and membership letter?
- Your membership card and membership letter are compostable
- Your card and letter may also be sorted into paper recycling
- Incineration of your card and letter with thermal energy recuperation is harmless to the environment
- Your card and letter will also break down harmlessly in your general waste bin.
What is the material composition of the film on the face of my membership card?
F8.3G SK FOFIGreenTM is environmentally friendly and does not contain any heavy metals, chlorine or other hazardous substances. It is manufactured with state of the art processes in an environmentally friendly and resource-saving way and without solvents (VOC-free). The bio-film is compostable according to DIN EN 13432:2000. Incineration with thermal energy recuperation is harmless to the environment. F8.3G SK FOFIGreenTM can also be sorted out in paper recycling.
What is the material on the reverse of my membership card as well as the release liner left on the back of my membership letter?
D9.G FP FOFIGreen™ is environmentally friendly and does not contain any heavy metals, chlorine or other hazardous substances. It is manufactured with state-of-the-art processes in an environmentally friendly and resource-saving way without VOC-solvents. The bio-films are industrial and home compostable according to DIN EN 13432, ASTM D6400 and TÜV Austria OK compost HOME, certifying the conversion into organic materials without leaving harmful residue. Incineration with thermal energy recuperation is also harmless to the environment. D9.G FP FOFIGreen™ can also be sorted out in paper recycling.